Friday, April 13, 2012

Eating fruity

          It is so hard to get my boy to eat! All he wants to eat is bread, cheese, and baked beans! We have him drinking Pediasure to help him get good nutrition. I wanted to share something I tried by accident and turned out well! I wanted to make some gluten free chocolate chip cookies for the kid's after school snack. I was mixing all of the ingredients and realized I had no eggs. I am not an expert in the kitchen at all so I tried to look up egg substitutes online. I found that you can use half a banana for one egg or a bit of applesauce. So, I chose the banana. The cookies turned out great! Rhys ate them and he hardly ever will eat a banana! I realized I could probably mix all kinds of things into a cookie recipe to get Rhys to eat fruit and veggies. I'm going to have to brainstorm! I know there is a book for ideas like this. I need to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment