Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My name is David

My Name is David is a great short video about autism. I love this! The voice is of an autistic 14 year old boy. I think this video is great for classrooms to teach children about their peers that may have autism. The more we know about it, the less it will seem different. There are so many people diagnosed with autism that our kids WILL know someone with autism! It is so important that they know what it is. I sent this video into my kid's school to see if they would show it in the classrooms. It is cartoonish so I thought it might keep the children's attention. The principal contacted me and said it was a great video and he loved it! So, I challenge you to send this video to your school principal also! Small things can make a big difference!

http://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2012/12/18/my-name-david

No comments:

Post a Comment